NOTICE OF INTENT TO AWARD:
TITLE: MASCOT AUDIT & TAX RFP 2014
ISSUE DATE: Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Two proposals were received for this solicitation. Proposals were evaluated based the criteria in the RFP document.
Mat-Su Community Transit (MASCOT) is publishing an intent to award the resulting contract from this RFP (following the close of the five day protest period) to:
Foster & Company
Individuals wishing to file a protest regarding this intent to award must submit the following information in wiring to MASCOT no later than 5:00pm, Monday, December 15, 2014.
The initial protest filed with MASCOT shall be in writing and shall:
- Include the name, address and telephone number of the protestor; and
- Contain a statement of the grounds for protest and any supporting documentation. The grounds for the protest must be supported to the fullest extent feasible. Additional materials in support of an initial protest will be considered only if filed within the time limits specified.
- Indicate the ruling or relief desired from MASCOT.
Protests may be submitted in person between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Alaska Standard Time) or faxed to 907-373-5999 and must be received no later than 5:00pm, Monday, December 15, 2014.the name of a contact person.Identify the name, date, and description of the solicitation.
For a copy of the full protest procedures: Contact Lynn Witte at email@example.com or at 907-864-5014.
The proposal period is now closed; two responses were received. Respondents will be contacted with the target award date.
AUDIT & TAX SERVICES 2014 – REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
ISSUE DATE: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 TITLE: MASCOT AUDIT & TAX RFP 2014
DUE DATE: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 TIME: Due by 5:00 p.m. (AST)
Mat-Su Community Transit (MASCOT) requests qualified, Independent, Certified Public Accountants to submit proposals to enter into a contract to:
- Annually perform Federal Financial Audits,
- Write & publish (print) financial statements for the audited fiscal year, and
- Prepare & publish (print) tax returns for the audited fiscal year.
The resulting contract will be issued for a period of one (1) year (beginning with fiscal year ending in June 30, 2014) with an option for four (4), one (1) year extensions ending with fiscal year ending June 30, 2018.
- MASCOT is a 501(c) (3) private nonprofit organization, incorporated in 1999.
- We provide public transportation and other related services in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough.
- Primary funding sources are Federal (FTA), State (TANF, AMHT) and local grants. Other funding sources include local government support, passenger fares, advertising income and in-kind donations of goods & services. Annual budget range from 1.3-1.7 million.
- The organization has a June 30 Fiscal Year end and uses QuickBooks accounting software.
- The organization employs less than thirty (30) employees on a routine basis.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE’s) are encouraged to submit proposals. MASCOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Should your organization be interested in submitting a proposal, please contact us by phone, fax or email to request the complete RFP, or access it on our website using the information below.
225 West Riley Avenue
Wasilla, AK 99654-8020
Telephone Number: (907) 864-5014
Facsimile Number: (907) 373-5999
Our proposal is expected to cover the following services:
- Annual audits to be completed in compliance with the applicable standards for Federal Single audits, in addition to any additional requirements from grantors.
- Audits to be performed as a Federal Single Audit.
- Preparation, printing and presentation of Financial Statements and related documents.
- Preparation and printing of Tax Filings for the organization.
Detailed criteria are included in the body of this Request for Proposal (click here).
Sealed proposals will be received until 5:00 p.m. Alaska Standard Time (AST) on Wednesday, November 19 no later than 5:00 p.m. Alaska Standard Time.
The proposal should be mailed or delivered directly to:
Mat-Su Community Transit (MASCOT)
RE: MASCOT AUDIT & TAX RFP 2014
225 West Riley Avenue
Wasilla, AK 99654-8020
All proposals must be in hard copy (electronic submissions will not be accepted) and must be accompanied by the following completed and signed statement attached to the outside of the sealed proposal.
All questions and/or inquiries for information must be submitted in writing and should be addressed to Lynn Witte, Administrative Coordinator. Questions and inquiries may be submitted via postal mail (at the above address) or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MASCOT reserves the right to cancel this solicitation at its sole discretion.
An optional An optional Pre-Proposal Tele-Conference will be hosted by MASCOT on Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 2p.m.. To access the teleconference, dial 1-800-791-2345 and enter 94917 at the prompt, then press #. If there are any technical difficulties with the call, dial the “backup” number 1-800-315-6338 and enter 9827, then press #.